Grateful for the little things
Here in Idaho we have snow and ice, cold temperatures and blue skies! I love this kind of weather it reminds me of the house on the hill waking up to glistening snow on the trees and icicles that hung from the top deck. Childhood memories flood back and a warm sensation keeps me feeling safe and happy!
I am ready to make another list of the things that I am grateful for. These are more specific to my progress with anxiety and daily functioning. Of course I am grateful for my parents, children, grandchildren and friends. Some changes are small and others are huge, or at least they are for me. I hope that this inspires at least one person, makes them feel they are not alone and life does move forward!
- I am grateful that I can take still continue to take a full walk outside and enjoy it without anxiety!
- I am grateful that I can still cook a meal and have renewed my love for cooking.
- I am grateful that I can still clean the house without panicking.
- I am grateful for and to my blogging friends. The shame and guilt that I have carried is now in the light and thanks to each person who comments, likes and supports me in this journey I am able to feel more open and able to share! This is truly my special safe place! I am able to reveal more things that happened without fear.
- I am still not able to drive unless it is totally necessary but I feel I have made progress.
- I am grateful that I have continued blogging three times a week. Some days it is difficult to interact and while I miss my good friends sometimes I just want to stay isolated, but my goal of blogging three times a week has helped me to keep a normal schedule and routine in my daily life.
- I am grateful that I am back to eating more fruits and vegetables. Before he came I had lowered my cholesterol, lost weight and was lifting weights. After he left everything fell apart. We spent those three weeks staying out of the house,driving around town, eating fast food and not being mindful of health. It has taken me almost three years to get back on track!!!
- I am grateful for the forgiveness that I have given to myself. I forgave him, his wife, but never truly forgave me!!
- I am grateful that I can now see how I want to put my book together. I am working on it when I feel up to it.
- I am grateful that my mind is now clearing and I can process everyday life.
- I am grateful that I can feel joy even if it is fleeting.
- I am grateful that I am starting to care about me!