Today I will share my achievements with you. I am not talking about a new job or status but about the little things. It feels strange to share these things but many good friends have encouraged me to be proud for the things I have accomplished and not the things that keep me stuck! In keeping with my theme of being real, I will disclose these things in hopes that it might help even one person.
A blogger friend told me yesterday that I had helped her through my writing! That was huge for me and helped me feel more excited about finishing my book. This also helped me in so many ways–Thank you!
It is hard to write this list because it is embarrassing in many ways, but people have encouraged me to look at how far I have come and what I can do, not the things that I am unable to do. I was the lady who did it all and kept going no matter what, but I must own these things and who I am and also take pride in what I have accomplished.
Things that have changed in the past few months
- I am now able to cook a meal.
- I can sleep through most nights until 4 a.m.
- I am back to my walking routine and walk outside.
- I am able to relax
- I am able to get to a better place when panic arises.
- I am more social and speak to people casually
- I am more confident
- I am back to taking better care of me, eat my fruits and veggies, drinking more water.
- Flossing my bridge and using eye wipes the dr. prescribed
- Can do limited gardening
- Back to working on my book almost every day
- Have been posting each day for over a month! yeah!
- I have given thought to doing cooking posts! This is a cooking blog haha
- Have started thinking about the future
- Have let my nails grow, no more picking and peeling when anxious
I have been diagnosed with PTSD and OCD. The PTSD has made my OCD way worst over the past few years. I am working hard and trying to get back to me, even if it is a new me!